It is important to us that from the outset, the partnership between parents and school is established and our admissions procedure is intended to support that end. Our Registrar will be happy to answer any questions you have and help you and your family explore whether The King’s School will be right for your child(ren).
There are slightly different routes to admissions depending on whether you would like your child to join us in the Nursery or when they are older, so please see the Admissons Policy for specific details. The general route is as follows:
Following an enquiry:
- Come to an open day
- Come for a personal visit to look round and meet the Principal and Registrar
- Child(ren) visit for a taster day if old enough to do so which may include threshold testing
- Application form completed and returned to Registrar
- The final stage of the application process for a place into Reception or later is a family interview
- Where a place is available a formal offer will be made in writing. Where no place is available successful applicants may be invited to join the waiting list.
See full Admissions Policy on policies page