Music and Drama
Music and Drama is a big part of school life and most students will have at least one opportunity to take part in a musical and/or drama production each year.
- Our Infants and pre-schoolers put on a Christmas Nativity play. The infants enjoy weekly music lessons.
- Our Junior pupils enjoy weekly music lessons and put on an annual Easter Production.
- The lower secondary school pupils enjoy alternating half-terms of music and drama during years 7, 8 and 9.
- Our GCSE drama students will put on a variety of productions during years 10 and 11, including an improvised play as part of their studies.
- The secondary school usually offers an expressive arts or master class week at some point during the school year which allows all pupils to explore their creative sides and learn new skills.
As well as featuring music within the academic curriculum and day- to-day school life generally, we are also able to offer music lessons from peripatetic teachers. Currently this is a parental arrangement direct with the teacher concerned. Present lessons include:
- Piano lessons
- Flute lessons
- Guitar lessons
If your child is interested in learning a musical instrument please contact the school office and we will try and help you get in touch with a relevant teacher.
In the Secondary department we offer a guitar club from time to time to help pupils improve their musical skills.